The following considerations are drawn from successful energy efficient lighting projects using LED T8 lamps, and they would help facility managers and lighting contractors achieve a better ROI (return on investment) for their own implementation:
1. Always use UL 1598C classified LED T8 retrofit lamps, as it becomes mandatory in February 2013 and supersedes UL 1598B for LED retrofit kits.
2. Use 18W 4-ft LED T8, for it’s a better value vs. 22W T8, resulting in 18% more energy saving.
3. When retrofitting the existing fixtures, use an LED T8 that can support shunted tombstones (lamp holders) as an estimated 70% of existing fixtures in US are shunted tombstones. Aleddra EasiRetrofit LED T8 takes the guess work out the tombstone question.
4. Remember that using single-ended LED T8 for retrofit with existing fixture requires extra wiring and possible installation of new tombstones, thus increasing the labor cost significantly and extending the payback period.
5. Take advantage of Aleddra EasiRetrofit LED T8 for 50-70% saving on installation time and labor cost.
6. Verify whether the LED T8 tubes are on utility’s qualified LED product list for rebate.
7. Local utility companies will consider LED T8 lamps under a custom rebate program. So check with your utility and make sure you have all the paperwork filled out. Should you need help, your local utility is more than happy to assist you.
8. Apply for Federal EPA act incentive (60¢/square-feet) before its expires on 12/31/2013.
9. Verify whether the new fixture is UL/ETL rated for LED tube, because UL/ETL certification is needed for new LED tube fixtures. Using these fixtures assures safety for installers and peace of mind for the building owners.
10. Use occupancy sensor (with LED lighting, there is no “warm-up time” required, unlike with HID).
Aleddra EasiRetrofit LED T8 tube with DSS (Double Safety Switch) is ideal for retrofit with existing fixture, and it is 1598C classified and supports both shunted and non-shunted tombstones. For new construction and complete fixture upgrade, Aleddra offers cost-effective single-ended LED tubes that can go in to any fixture UL/ETL certified for LED tubes. The specifications of Aleddra LED T8 are available here.
To secure your energy efficient lighting project at 2012 pricing, please email your request to [email protected].