Lighting Analysts, Inc., a world leader in calculation and visualization software for the lighting design professional, is proud to announce the inaugural release of the ElumTools add-in software for Autodesk Revit 2012. ElumTools is the first fully integrated Revit add-in for calculation and visualization of electric lighting results directly within the Revit environment.
To date, users of Autodesk’s Revit software have had very few avenues available for the validation of lighting results for Revit projects. Existing lighting tools within Revit are very limited, and export options to 3rd party tools present time-consuming and laborious workflow challenges. With the release of ElumTools 2012, users of Revit (Architecture and MEP 2012 only) can now leverage the architectural geometry and luminaire product data already present in the Revit model to perform point-by-point illuminance for user selected areas. A fully interactive visualization of the selected environment is visible as the lighting calculations progress, and numeric results can be shown in any Revit view.
“ElumTools can dramatically cut the time required for lighting computations and Revit integration of results to just a small fraction of previous processes,” says David Speer, Vice President of Marketing for Lighting Analysts. “It is a complete game-changing technology for the busy Revit designer.”
1. Validate lighting fixture “Families” loaded into the Revit project, assign actual IES photometric files if necessary and adjust source position
2. Validate Revit materials for accurate surface reflectance and transmittance
3. Place Calculation points on workplanes, floors, walls or any planar surface
4. Calculate and visualize the lighted environment
5. Display numeric results in the Revit views of choice
6. Incorporate numeric results into Revit schedules
• ElumTools was selected by the 2011 Lightfair International Innovation Awards as the winner of the category “Research, Publications & Software”.
• ElumTools was recognized the Illumination Engineering Society as a “significant contribution to the art and science of illumination” in the “2011 Progress Report”.
About Lighting Analysts, Inc.
Founded in 1984, Lighting Analysts, Inc. www.agi32.com, www.elumtools.com is a world leader in lighting design software. Its AGi32 lighting design and rendering software has won numerous industry accolades and awards. This is the first release of ElumTools and it has already won a prestigious lighting industry award. Lighting Analysts, Inc. software systems are used by lighting industry professionals worldwide to aid in the conceptualization and design of lighting systems of almost any nature.