Kim Lighting announces the launch of the much-anticipated WARP9 LED, the first low glare, high performance outdoor area light to effectively capitalize on the incredible efficiency, life and output of new LED technology.
WARP9 LED has an unparalleled ability to capture and harness light using a patented optical system that shapes, points and tightly controls the beam. It is also the first LED site luminaire to provide wide-throw ground plane illumination to maintain spacings without producing excessive glare. And recognizing the need for practicality and cost-effectiveness, Kim Lighting designed WARP9 LED with an upgradeable LED module, allowing it to easily evolve as Solid State Lighting technology continues to advance.
“This is perhaps the most significant new product introduction in Kim Lighting’s 75-year history,” said Bill Foley, Vice President and General Manager of Kim Lighting and Architectural Area Lighting, two business units of Hubbell Lighting, Inc. “We have realized the promise of LEDs without compromising performance or visual comfort and launched a product line that sets a new benchmark for the use of LEDs in outdoor lighting.”
Kim Lighting developed and manufactured WARP9 LED to be environmentally friendly and one of the greenest products of its kind on the market. The product is constructed from more than 90% recycled materials; the housing, LEDs and drivers contain no lead or mercury; all electronic components are RoHS compliant; upgradeability prevents landfill dumping from non-upgradeable systems; amber options provide safety for sensitive wildlife zones; is International Dark Sky Approved; and its standard neighbor-friendly backlight control and predictable distributions prevents light pollution and excessive wattage consumption.
Key product attributes and benefits include:
• Glare reduction by nearly 50% compared to other manufacturer’s refracted or lensed LED systems.
• Upgradeable LEDs and the ability to service and maintain individual LED components.
• Produces a wide distribution to reduce pole quantities or maintain existing spacings.
• Uses advanced thermal self-monitoring to prevent LED overheating.
• Achieves all IES types, including asymmetric and custom distributions.
• Exclusive visual stealth design allows it to disappear from the site and camouﬂage itself within its surroundings to avoid detection from daytime visual perception, allowing architecture to remain visually dominant as intended.
• Perfect for street lighting upgrade projects because communities can safely utilize existing pole installations (up to 160 feet) and still maintain uniform illumination between luminaires.
• Broad, even distribution eliminates the staccato of glare and hot spots experienced by drive lane users as they travel through illuminated zones.
• Offered in warm 3500K white light for residential and suburban zones to improve skin color rendering and provide a warmer, hospitable atmosphere; and cool 5100K white light for higher mounting heights and basic street lighting for greater reach and improved visual acuity. Other color temperatures are also available.
Kim Lighting is the world’s foremost designer and manufacturer of quality, high-performance outdoor architectural and landscape lighting products. These include roadway, pedestrian, low-level and building-mounted solutions for contemporary or traditional commercial, industrial and institutional applications. Kim Lighting is leading the industry in the development of LED products that use the latest technologies and determining standards for the capabilities of LED for general outdoor illumination. Kim Lighting, a division of Hubbell Lighting, Inc., was founded in 1934 and is based in City of Industry, Calif. More information is available at www.kimlighting.com.