Kim Lighting, the premiere manufacturer of architectural outdoor lighting, is proud to announce its new performance standard in LED parking structure lighting with PGL7 LED.
Ever since Kim Lighting invented the first parking garage luminaire in 1986, the company has continuously redefined the art of parking structure lighting. The sleek, low profile PGL7 design takes the best of the first four generations of Kim Lighting’s parking structure luminaires and integrates the latest LED technologies to offer a solution that is unsurpassed in design, flexibility, performance and energy efficiency.
Key product attributes and features include:
• Designed to employ Kim Lighting’s patent pending MicroEmitter™ Technology.
- MicroEmitter modules precisely aim the beam of individual LED clusters to provide wide and narrow illumination without producing excessive glare or sacrificing uniformity.
- Advanced dual thermal system transmits and dissipates heat away from the LED components to preserve components life span.
- MicroEmitter™ modules include an internal thermal monitor to prevent overheating. LED drive current is subtly and continuously adjusted to maintain the performance and longevity of the LEDs in the installed environment.
- LED modules are easily upgradeable as LED technology advances.
• Wide and narrow optical distributions available in IES Type I, III, V as well as exclusive one-way left and one-way right. Optical variety and flexibility expands application usage.
• Progressive hi-low occupancy sensor options available for additional energy savings.
• Available in three standard color temperatures, 3500K, 5100K and 1700K (Amber - 580nm). Other color temperatures are available special order.
• Platinum Silver as standard color; white and custom colors also available.
• Standard vandal-resistant acrylic lens; lexan lens optional.
• IP-66 rated for wet location and hose-down applications.
• Meets ARRA and NAFTA criteria.
Key LED Energy Savings and Performance Facts:
• Over 40% energy savings compared to HID sources. Bi-level illumination can add additional savings.
• 40,000 hour longer lamp life over HID sources.
• Slower performance depreciation at high operating cycles.
• Uniform illumination for security camera installs; no dark shadows between vehicles or other freestanding objects within a structure.
• LEDs are instant On / Off Restrike light sources; increases safety and security during momentarily power failures.
• LEDs reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
• Higher performance levels in all weather climates.
• Payback varies between 2 – 4 years depending on application and environment installation.
References and Resource Center:
Kim Lighting is the world’s foremost designer and manufacturer of quality, high-performance outdoor architectural and landscape lighting products. These include roadway, pedestrian, low-level and building-mounted solutions for contemporary or traditional commercial, industrial and institutional applications. Kim Lighting is committed to the advancements of solid-state lighting and the future advancements of renewable energy sources. Kim Lighting, an affiliate of Hubbell Lighting, Inc., was founded in 1934 and is based in City of Industry, Calif. More information is available at www.kimlighting.com.
Note: product images and collateral are available upon request. Contact the marketing department at [email protected].