The National Lighting Bureau is supporting a series of solid-state lighting seminars sponsored by the U.S. chapter of the International Commission on Illumination (Commission International de l’Eclarage) – CIE/USA. The seminars begin at 7:00AM, May 19, 2011 at the Philadelphia Airport Courtyard Hotel (Philadelphia, PA), an easy stop for those returning from Lightfair International 2011.
Seminar topics include:
• Fundamentals of Photometry and IESNA LM-79,
• Fundamentals of CIE Colorimetry and Color Measurement,
• Color Quality of Light Sources,
• Importance of Terminology – New ILV edition and RP-16,
• Current Applications of Solid State Technology in Roadway and Street Lighting,
• Mesopic Vision – Review and Application of CIE 191:2010,
• Model Lighting Ordinance (MLO),
• Blue light hazard research,
• Flicker, and
• Summary of Laboratory accreditation summary related to SSL.
Speakers will be, in alphabetical order:
• Bud Brainard,
• Dr. Wendy Davis,
• Dr. Ronald Gibbons,
• Dr. Cameron Miller,
• Terry McGowan,
• Naomi Miller, and
• Dr. Yoshi Ohno.
According to Larry Leetzow, CEO of Magnaray International, a CIE/USA Secretary, and a National Lighting Bureau director, the seminar series registration fee is as low as $190 for CIE members and $120 for students.
More information about the seminar series is available from Thomas M. Lemons ([email protected]).