Expanding American lighting manufacturer seeks Engineering Department Supervisor with strong manufacturing experience. Oversee team of engineers to create and coordinate projects including custom and contract manufactured fixtures and integrate technical activities. Analyze client needs and resources to plan and manage projects including development of product specifications and technical activities such as utilizing CAD Drawings and other tools. Direct new and modified lighting fixture plans and applications for client approvals from designers, architects, distributors and end-users. Develop and implement best engineering practices and policies for the team to meet these objectives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs and assigns workloads and priorities to design/engineer team to ensure that they meet project requirements including product development schedules for all lighting projects.
- Ensures that engineers provide the required support to the production team during the design and development process at a high level of service and within expected timelines, to exceed client expectations.
- Mentors, trains, and coaches engineering team members to raise their skill levels.
- Effectively manages multiple projects and assignments from concept through completion.
- Maintains a high level of manufacturing and product knowledge.
- Reviews drawings with product team to guarantee that all processes and tolerances meet manufacturing requirements, and that they are correct and achievable. Submits all drawings and ensures revisions reflect accurate changes and are approved by customers.
- Understands/executes requirements to utilize and release 3D CAD and other types of model tools and drawings into customers’ systems.
- Promotes efficient and effective communication and interaction among designers, engineering, vendors, and other team members to ensure that manufacturing can process and build fixtures, and still meet customer requirements and standards on-time.
- Oversees testing performed during design process with engineers, performs technical troubleshooting and implements changes resulting from any test failures.
- Oversees generation of design specifications and photometrics that comply with industry standards and project requirements and provides information for publication.
- Identifies, recommends, and coordinates implementation of new policies, procedures, technologies, or process improvements relating to the design and development process for new projects.
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or a related discipline.
· 5 years of engineering and/or manufacturing experience in the lighting industry, to include 2 years of lighting design experience, and 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience.
· Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities of lighting design, custom manufacturing, assembly and development.
· Leadership, mentoring, analytical, problem solving, organizational, planning, multi-tasking, project management, and prioritizing skills.
- · Computer skills — proficiency using CAD and other engineering software programs.
- · All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and disability or veteran status
. Email resume to [email protected]