Headquartered in California, American Wholesale Lighting supports Fortune500 clients, National and International Accounts as well as numerous regional businesses. Our business model of incorporating New Construction, Remodels/Retrofits, Rebates and Maintenance Service is unique in our industry and providing these elements under one umbrella allows us a greater buying power and more cost savings to our clients. This comprehensive yet diverse focus and experience allows us to understand and appreciate the needs of multiple markets worldwide.
We pride ourselves on our service and commitment to our customers, as well as our role and responsibility in helping companies find new, cost-saving, and more environmentally-friendly lighting solutions.
Job Description: American Wholesale Lighting is seeking a National Sales Manager who is responsible for business development and sales activities throughout the US and Canada. This position requires a highly motivated and performance driven individual with exceptional customer and technical skills. They will be accountable for building sales teams servicing regional markets as well as cultivating national and international markets. The NSM will be focused on identifying sales opportunities, understanding customer’s needs, creating sales engagements and building business relationships. They will have a thorough knowledge of our company’s products and services and the capability to understand customer requirements to drive sales. This position will be active in lighting industry events, trade shows, and must be able to travel as needed.
- Establish, train, direct and manage regional sales representatives.
- Establish budgets for regional representatives.
- Partner with the General Manager to establish sales territories, goals, and forecasts for regions and overall company goals.
- Meet or exceed sales and profit targets as assigned per region.
- Meet with prospective customers and communicate, display and demonstrate products and services of company.
- Market, promote and sell products and services of the company including Products, New Construction Project Management, Retrofit Program, Maintenance Program, and Rebate Program.
- Provide quotations to customers and follow up in a timely manner.
- Attend industry events, manufacturers’ product introductions, education seminars and trade shows.
- Build relationships with electrical distributors, property managers, contractors, utility rebate administrators and strategic end users.
- Familiarize yourself with utility rebate offerings in all regions.
- Collaborate with marketing to build company brand and assist with understanding and reporting market trends.
- Participate in the research, development, evaluation and implementation of new products, services, technology and processes to ensure competitive position and in anticipation of changing customer needs.
Skills and Experience:
- Proven record of success within the lighting community or similarly demonstrated sales success.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and ability to communicate with decision makers at all levels.
- Be enthusiastic, competitive, adaptable, and hungry.
- Organization and time management skills to prioritize and meet goals and deadlines.
- Prior supervisory experience / demonstrated ability in driving team performance.
- Experience and understanding of the energy retrofit and rebate market.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and meetings at HQ.
- Preferably have existing relationships with lighting community and professional organizations.
*This position has the opportunity to control your own income through bonus structure and overages.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “National Sales Manager Job Application” as the subject or visit www.awlighting.com/careers/