Yorba Linda, CA
Wiedenbach Brown is a 100+ year old company servicing the needs of Fortune 1000 clients, helping them to be more sustainable and at the cutting edge of lighting and lighting control technology. As a rapidly growing company, WB is looking to expand our National Account Team. We will consider entry level candidates, though experience in the industry is a plus. We are seeking driven individuals looking for a long-term commitment. Applicants should have an intermediate grasp of Microsoft Excel & Outlook, internet searches, and intermediate computer systems skills. The right fit for this position should be a well-organized team player that places the client’s expectations above their own. This is an excellent career opportunity!
What is WB looking for in an Estimator?
- RELATIONSHIP-ORIENTED - Employees who listen, communicate, and value team building – whether it is with their colleagues or their customers.
- TECH-SAVVY - Technology and understanding how to leverage it is important and valuable in today’s computer based market.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING - Love a challenge? With WB’s flat hierarchy, you’ll have the chance to jump in, come up with solutions, and be heard.
- CAREER-MINDED - WB values its employees and wants them to grow with us. Our company is nationwide and ever-expanding, which means there are always opportunities to move up or around.
- FLEXIBLE - Our industry is dynamic and so is our company. Our best employees don’t settle for the status quo, and make the most of the opportunities that change throws their way.
- HARDWORKING - You can’t get far without getting your hands a little dirty! (Metaphorically of course). Focused and driven individuals make the most successful employees.
- REWARD-DRIVEN - We believe in recognizing and rewarding hard work and results. Give us both and you’ll have more opportunities, more responsibility— and financial rewards too.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (A day in the life of an Estimator)
- Learn about different lighting aspects
- Work with lighting manufacturers
- Perform takeoffs of Electrical and Architectural plans
- Train with experts in the field
- Review plans, specifications, and technical details
- Create spreadsheets to accurately record lighting data and discrepancies
- Resolve discrepancies in plans and specifications by coordinating with architects and engineers
- Work with vendors and representatives to obtain accurate pricing
- Research lighting specifications
- Submit proposals to clients
- Coordinate with client, vendors, and design team to maintain project budgets
- Secure Purchase Orders for Bills of Materials
- Participate in client conference calls for technical support and to review project status
- Create detailed, comprehensive submittal packages by coordinating information from vendor quotes and lighting specifications
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills:
· Ensure client Service Level Agreements are met on a daily basis
· Product Internet searches
· Ability to perform accurate lighting take-offs
· Must be able to read and understand blueprints
· Locating specification sheets, pricing and availability using client/contractor provided part numbers
· Responsible for reviewing vendor quotes and assembling quotes for submittal to the client
· Must interact well and often with clients, contractors and manufacturers via email, phone and in person
· Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties acceptably. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lighting and/or Electrical Experience preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills are essential for this position. Applicant must be able to exchange detailed information with co-workers, our clients and our vendors concisely and must have a firm grasp of the English Language
- Excellent organizational skills
- Applicant must be able to respond to client needs in a positive manner while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Team Player who strives for continuous improvement
- This role requires a flexible, professional, team player with a positive, energetic personality and work ethic to meet the needs of this client-driven business
Wiedenbach Brown is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to apply
Email your resume to [email protected]