Artemide is expanding the California sales team and seeking a Los Angeles based Dealer Sales Manager (DSM). Territory covered in the Region (Artemide Region 2D) are:
N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, California, Alaska, Hawaii
This is a dynamic Sales position requiring the ability to drive Retail/Consumer Lighting Sales in the territory and work closely with our Dealer network to promote the Artemide brand and products.
Interested candidates should contact Enza Maria Vitullo at [email protected]
· Professionally represents the company and its products in the geographic area assigned below.
· Accurately represent and state Company policies to all potential and current customers.
· The DSM’s main role is to represent Artemide in the dealer market in promoting the Artemide Group products. Employee must promote the Artemide products through Lighting retailers, Furniture retailers, Museum Gift shops, Office Furniture dealers, Interior Design shops, Bath Furnishing dealers, Kitchen showrooms, Landscape & Outdoor dealers deemed to represent the Artemide brand for the consumer market.
· Promote, sell and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through relationship-based approach.
· Make telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
· Research sources for information on developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers.
· Coordinate sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
· Expedite the resolution of client problems and complaints.
· Plan and organize personal sales strategy by maximizing the Return on Time Investment for the territory.
· Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting wit marketing and technical service areas.
· Respect all current and potential clients as well as work colleagues.
· Where an Artemide showroom is in their home territory, the employee is required to make the showroom their base office when they are not travelling or on appointments.
· Employee is required, where an Artemide showroom is located in their home territory, to make the showroom their base office.
· Participate in trade shows and conventions.
· Book a reasonable number of appointments per week with existing and/or potential customers and follow-up with regular weekly sales calls.
· A minimum of 2 group presentations and/or lunch & learns and/or events per month is required.
· Required to participate in region sales team meeting once every 2 weeks to discuss: sales forecasts, projects, dealer sales & coverage, market trends, territory issues, sales strategies.
· Self motivated, self directed, and committed to achieving goals
· Excellent attention to detail
· Respectful of brand image
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, customer service skills and the ability to prioritize while handling multiple tasks is required
· Strong negotiation skills
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Ability to use basic Office and Outlook programs
· Previous experience or serious interest in design
· Experience in high-end sales