Extending its role as a leader in lighting education, LIGHTFAIR International (LFI) now offers a new format for the Lighting Education Forum as part of the 2009 trade show & conference. The Forum, now held on the LFI show floor as part of the innovative, interactive Lighting Education Lounge in booth # 681, will introduce participants to the breadth of lighting education opportunities available in academic institutions and commercial arenas. Attendees will have the opportunity to network, attend interactive presentations and panel discussions and collect information about each featured educational program.
In addition, the LFI Student Outreach Program—in its second-year—deepens its reach, offering educational and volunteer opportunities to students from around the country. Students who take advantage of this program are exposed to more than 500 lighting exhibitor resources and more than 200 hours of lighting-related education.
The LFI Student Outreach Program offers a vast array of opportunities to participate in the largest annual architectural and commercial lighting trade show & conference, including:
· Free Student Registration for the LFI exhibit hall plus one free seminar, and a 50% discount on all Daylighting & LIGHTFAIR Institute courses (with student ID);
· A reduced Student Full Pass for $100 ($525 regular pricing), inclusive of eight seminars, exhibit hall admission and LFI Innovation Awards;
· Student Volunteer opportunities at the LFI Conference for hands-on experience;
· Complimentary entry into the New Attendee Orientation for the education and materials that all first-time attendees receive;
· Access to the Lighting Education Forum & Lounge—highlighting LFI’s effort to advance education and academic dialogue.
With the assistance of college and university professors and the entire industry, LFI’s outreach program has attracted hundreds of students in previous years and will welcome several more in 2009 as LFI celebrates its 20th Anniversary.
The LIGHTFAIR International Trade Show & Conference takes place May 5-7, 2009, and the LIGHTFAIR Daylighting Institute® & the LIGHTFAIR Institute® take place May 3-4, 2009 at the JacobK.JavitsConvention Center in New York, NY.