Kim Lighting, a leading manufacturer of outdoor architectural lighting, announced today its Site Lightform Bollard Series now includes new super bright white LED technology.
“Kim Lighting is continuing its commitment toward bringing the latest LED innovations to the commercial lighting market, while maintaining the company’s standard of quality and performance,” said Bill Foley, general manager of Kim Lighting. “The incorporation of LED into our Site Lightform Bollard Series gives specifiers and architects several new options for designing and planning pedestrian walkways.”
Kim’s Site Lightform products are specifically designed and engineered to combine contemporary form with rugged vandal-resistant construction. Key features of the line include:
• Six different fixture styles.
• Six finishes: black, dark bronze, light gray, Stealth Gray™, platinum silver and white.
• New super bright white LED versions in 15W, 30W, 60W or 120W modules for multiple distinct distributions.
• StarView™ compliant optics at the pedestrian level for projects requiring full cutoff pole-mounted luminaires for light trespass or dark-sky considerations. Each Site Lightform fixture has an optical module engineered to produce an asymmetric light distribution using a horizontal lamp and flat tempered glass lens.
• Heavy-wall cast aluminum heads to protect against abuse typical of luminaires with close proximity to pedestrian traffic. In addition, Site Lightform models use concealed mechanical head-to-shaft connections for greater strength and clean detailing.
• One-piece extruded aluminum shafts for a clean sharp-cornered architectural appearance with superior strength.
• Low profile/high strength base with concealed bolts threaded into the shaft extrusion, offering a strength double that of a welded connection.
Kim Lighting’s line of Low Level Luminaires provides specifiers with a wide range of lighting solutions for pedestrian areas. Every fixture in the line has an aesthetic relationship with various Kim pole mounted luminaires, creating a proper scale and visual logic to the overall outdoor lighting scheme. The series also offers reflector and lens designs that provide broad illumination with low brightness.
Kim Lighting is leading the industry in the development of LED products that use the latest technologies and determining standards for the capabilities of LED for general outdoor illumination. To maintain the quality and integrity of its products, Kim Lighting only uses LED lighting for low level (ten-foot and under) applications, as the company has determined that anything higher would compromise performance. Kim Lighting has stated it will only manufacture LED lighting at greater heights when advances in LED technology can sustain the highest levels of performance and quality.
Kim Lighting is a leading designer and manufacturer of quality, high-performance outdoor architectural and landscape lighting products. These include roadway, pedestrian, low-level and building-mounted solutions for contemporary or traditional commercial, industrial and institutional applications. Kim Lighting, a division of Hubbell Lighting, Inc., was founded in 1934 and is based in City of Industry, Calif. More information is available at www.kimlighting.com.