Designer of Solid State Lighting sought to be a part of a small, fast growing, dynamic Connecticut lighting Products Company. We make high end, specification grade lighting fixtures in the architectural products sector. Today, we are in the center of an industry revolution to all LED lighting solutions, and manufacture our own unique designs for the electrical/solid state lighting markets in the US and abroad. We are an IBEW union shop, part of the Buy American program, and we are an Equal Opportunity employer.
This position reports to the Vice President of Design and is responsible for but not limited to:
• Design and develop new and existing products.
• Evaluate aesthetic design quality and appeal, mechanical strength per application, tolerance and assembly interference studies, form-fit-function testing, UL approval and factory integration.
• Create and maintain bills of materials, mechanical drawings, machining drawings, assembly drawings, instruction sheets and 2D line drawings for marketing and sales materials.
• Demonstrate creativity, team building skills, time management skills and a pleasant personality.
• Collaborate with manufacturing to assemble new designs and work out any manufacturing issues including working factory personnel to assemble luminaires and prototypes.
• Collaborate with engineering team to make improvements to current designs as well as finding cost reductions while maintaining quality, manufacturability and good design practices.
• Assist with design and manufacturing of sales samples, trade show booths as well as other product related sales and marketing activities.
• Provide technical assistance to customer service, quotations and sales groups.
• Other duties as assigned.
• B.S. in at least one of the following; Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
• Five years experience in the solid state lighting business – Experience with LED’s.
• Must have experience with at least 2 of the following; AGI32, SolidWorks, Photopia, Sketch up, 3D office Max Pro, AutoCAD, and or REVIT.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume to: H.R.Resumes.Dept@gmail.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.