Selux is a fast growing manufacturer of linear extruded aluminum, interior fluorescent fixtures, and architectural exterior fixtures. We offer a great variety of interesting work, allowing a possible candidate exposure to both the interior and exterior architectural lighting market, in addition to many European affiliates. In the Selux facility, located in the Hudson Valley conveniently close to New York City as well as the Catskill Mountains, we manufacture all interior and exterior fixtures for the American market.
Selux Corporation has a successful track record of tremendous growth and sustainability, as a world-wide manufacturer of architecturally designed lighting fixtures, nestled right here in the Hudson Valley. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package
Classification: Salaried/Exempt, Non-Union
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Job Summary: SELUX Corporation is looking to employ a Jr. Product Manager to join their Product Development team. This group is tasked with bringing new products to market and maintaining existing products. SELUX has been engineering and manufacturing high end commercial lighting in the Hudson Valley for over 25 years. As a Jr. Product Manager at SELUX you will need to be a self motivated and well organized person who can solve problems and think on their own. Possible future growth for this position includes a position as Product Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist Product Managers with the following tasks:
• Assist RSM and inside Sales in all technical questions
• Research competitive product, create comparison charts and specifications
• Work directly with marketing and product development
• Organizing product introduction schedule, compare/learn specification features and understand manufacturing methods
• Maintain time-schedules of all products in portfolio
• Maintain portfolio and publish as needed including price/cost definitions
• Support agent training; plan and coordinate
Assist Product Manager in following tasks:
• Gathering market requirements
• Evaluating new products within the company
• Building product roadmaps, particularly Technology roadmaps
• Product Life Cycle considerations
• Product differentiation and spec-features
• Detailed Product planning
Assist Product Management in following tasks
• Bringing new products to market
• Monitoring the competition
Job Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or Architecture
• Basic knowledge of sheet metal fabrication, electrical assembly and lighting preferred.
• Strong computer skills, to include; All MicroSoft Office products
• Ability to read lighting and manufacturing blueprints and schematics required.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: Frequently requires standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, bending and walking up/down stairs. May require some light to moderate lifting.
Personal Protective Equipment: Not required as a normal course of this position, however, will be subject to wearing required PPE when in the production areas.
Work Environment: Will be assigned to an office environment, but may be required to access the manufacturing & warehouse areas frequently.
Please email resumes and cover letters to Ellen Anderson, HR Manager at email@example.com